The Doggone Fun on the Run would not happen without our wonderful volunteers. Being a volunteer is about making the Run/Walk a safe and memorable experience for everyone. Our volunteers do everything that needs to be done. This includes, but is definitely not limited to setting up and breaking down the event, registration, handing out incentives, helping our vendors in the craft area, working/judging the contest, running games and activities, working on the raffle taple, helping with lunch, maning the first aid station, helping out our canine walkers and just about anything else you can imagine.
They arrive by 9 AM and work until 2 PM, and are particularly great to have around when you need a smile or a helping hand.
Register to volunteer today by contacting Candace Phelan. If you have a preference for what you want to do, please specify. You will receive confirmation of your registration within 48 hours of registering!
Volunteers have a variety of tasks to manage. These include:
- Registration/Incentive: Register participants, hand out earned incentive prizes
- Set Up / Walk Path: Plan/organize the route (locations of water stops, signage, hiding the bones, planning the start of the walk)
- Craft Area: Oversee the craft area (designate space for each crafter, be available to direct crafters and answer questions, check in with vendor to ensure they are happy with their site and things are going well during the event)
- Contest: Oversee the following contests: best trick, best costume, human dog look alike, and pick out awards for winner and consoloation prize
- Games/Activities: Oversee games, agility and Doggie DaVinic's at event (pick out prizes for winner and consolation prize for dogs playing the game, checking in with the Magic Paintbrush Project and Agility to see that we have everything they need)
- Recognition: Top fundraiser (top dog award) (creature area for the Top Dog, make sure photos are taken)
- First Aid: Setting up First Aid Station for both 2-legged and 4-legged walkers
- Raffle Table: Assemble and man raffle area
- Lunch: Oversee lunch portion of event